Tonight’s Torah Focus will discuss Rosh Chodesh Tammuz and many related topics. The following translation will also be discussed.
16. Therefore let no one [who is a Gentile] but the body of Messiah (the Jewish people) pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a New Moon or a Sabbath.
17. For these are a shadow (prophecies) of things yet to come.
18. Let no one disqualify you, insisting on asceticism and worship of messengers [i.e. the sun and the moon], going on in detail about visions, puffed up without reason by his sensuous mind,
19. and not holding fast to the Head, from whom the whole body, nourished and knit together through its joints and ligaments, grows with a growth that is from God.
20. If with Messiah you died to the elemental spirits of the world, why, as if you were still alive in the world, do you submit to [pagan] regulations–
21. “Do not handle, Do not taste, Do not touch”
22. (referring to things that all perish as they are used)–according to human precepts and teachings?
23. These have indeed an appearance of wisdom in promoting self-made religion and asceticism and severity to the body, but they are of no value in stopping the indulgence of the flesh.